Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm Back!

I'm sorry I haven't been by to post this week. It just took some time to catch up with emails and blogreading! Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that I did manage to pick up 2 prizes at the Knit and Crochet Show last week. Here are pictures and specs:

First up, we have a skein of Lorna's Laces hand dyed worsted weight yarn in the colorway Gold Hill. This is a superwash wool, and there's 225 yards in the skein.


Then we have a hand painted yarn from The Alpaca Yarn Company. It is 100% alpaca, and it seems to be a DK weight. There's 220 yards on the skein.


I think that the person who makes the most squares can pick which skein she would like to receive, and then the other skein will go to winner of the random drawing. So hopefully this will motivate you to keep making squares the rest of the summer! Also, I know some of you offered to donate prizes, so I hope this will help give you some ideas of what to donate. Not all prizes need to be yarn, however. Books or notions might be possibilities, too.

Finally, I want to note that, what with the conference and everything, I have been on a brief hiatus from making squares. However, I intend to get back to my square making this weekend. Have a great day!

1 comment:

knittercritter said...

Beautiful! It is always great to win yarn. I know I have fallen way behind in my square count, not that I haven't been knitting! I offered to design an original pattern for Project Linus and it is taking more time than I had anticipated. But well worth it! Also, just let me know about the donation.