Saturday, June 9, 2007

This and That

I have been contemplating Cole's question about making face cloths in addition to afghan squares as part of this "along". I'm ok with it, since they are square, but I wanted to check with the other members to see what you think. I don't want someone thinking, "That's not what I signed up for". So please leave a comment and let me know if you have any objections.

Also, in case you don't read Laura's blog, I wanted to let you know that she has requested that all squares for Rebuilding Greensburg be in the mail by August 10th. She would like to start sorting squares on August 15th. She has also doubled her original goal to 2240 squares, enough to make 40 afghans. So there is plenty of work to be done there yet! Also, if you need a little more incentive, Criquette is having a contest to encourage everyone to make even more squares for Greensburg.

And finally, I want to extend a big welcome to all our new members! Our numbers are starting to grow. Also, I am going to add a new list to the sidebar, so that we can keep track of how many squares everyone has made. Right now, I think Cole is in the lead with 10. So keep knitting and crocheting, and keep those posts coming!

2 comments:

knittercritter said...

I certainly don't mind if they are wahclothes or squares- as I say mine rarely "square up" anyway. I luv the idea of small projects, learning different techniques, using up scraps and giving to worthy causes.....Hey, didn't I hear that somewhere?

Anonymous said...

I was only wondering about this because I had read that she was accepting facecloths/washcloths along with the afghan squares. I only plan to send one cloth per 5 squares I make for them. I plan to make 15 squares & 3 washcloths for my contribution to them after that I am beginning my own squares for me.